Monday, November 19, 2007

I've got Hives :-(

and no they're not contagious! (for those that keep asking before they walk in my house!)

it all started last tuesday when Audrey and I went for a short walk in the hot hot sun. We went out and all of a sudden I felt the hotness of the sun burn my face, since Audrey was so excited I didn't turn back. We went around a couple of blocks then she started to complain that she was going to throw up, so we headed back home. Well on the way back home my back started stinging and it felt as if I were being pocked with needles. I tried to ignore it and started to itch a little. We got home and it went away but not for long, in the evening the itching came back but I had no hives (yet!). I took benadryl and it went away. So here comes Wednesday and I had no itching till the evening again. I started itching and burning all over my back and neck but Naty said he didn't see anything that it was just red from me scratching. So I kept on scratching and didn't want to take benadryl since I was working on a paper for school, well it got so bad that I didn't have a choice and ended up taking benadryl, well this time it didn't work and all of a sudden I seen the hives appear before my eyes on my arm! It was awful, I called Naty:

ME: do you see the hives? they're all over my arm, do you see them?
NATY: where?
ME: right here in my inner arm, LOOK! (all amazed) they disappear and come back, LOOK, did you see that one?
NATY: uh no, I think you're tripping! I don't see shit
ME: Open your f-ing eyes, they're right there!!!
NATY: I just see red from you scratching
ME: DAMMIT! I know you see them, if you don't then you need some f-ing glasses
NATY: (Turns back to the TV and keeps flipping through channels)
ME: (GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

so it was already about 10:30pm by that time so I couldn't go to the urgent care it closed at 9pm and I was not going to the ER.

So then thursday comes and again, nothing all day and then night time came and BAMM!! I break out, even worse, all over my body, I take benadryl its not budging, I wait it out, nothing, call Nurse, she says, "come in now". Go to the urgent care and get a big shot of heaven. The doctor asked me a million and one questions and of course couldn't come up with anything, I didn't care anyway, I just wanted relief. So he RX-ed me some Prednisone and claratin. They make Naty sign a paper that he will drive me home at this point I wouldn't even attempt it. So I get to the car and knock out and don't remember the rest---hahahahaha!

So here comes friday, MIL comes over to help me cook a mock thanksgiving dinner, so we're going to town and what happens? my right hand swells up about 2X its regular size and starts giving me the sign that breakout is going to happen any second. So I take only 25mg of benadryl cause I'm afraid of knocking out and it surprisingly works. So then Naty brings me some bacardi mojitos and I have about two then my mom takes the kids and we decide to go to the corner resturant and sit at the bar and talk. Right when we sit down, BAMM! my hand is huge again, I didn't want to kill the moment so I try to ignore it, well that didn't last long, before you know it we were gone and home already. Well, since I had those drinks I couldn't take benadryl, I was afraid of what might happen so I suffered and paid.

Then saturday came and it seemed to bug me the whole day, sometimes calm, sometimes awful, throughout the day so I stood home in my PJ's the whole day while my mom took the kids with her to a charity thing. I tried my home remedies and nothing seem to cure them so I stuck to my 50mg benadryl every 4.5 hours and it kept it tolerable. Oh and get this! the medicine the doc RX-ed me causes weight gain, like I need that? it made me so sick so I'm not taking it anymore, it's not worth it!

Now sunday was a lot better, I only had my hand swell about four times and broke out probably twice and now today I've had my hand swell three times and broke out once so I'm hoping its fading. Hives are horrible, I hope Naty gets them so that he knows what I've been going through, LMAO!!! hahahahaahhaha JK! I don't wish that on him, but it was sure funny as hell to say to him. He thinks I meant it, hahahahahahaha (evil laugh)

0 comments: