Wednesday, January 06, 2010

BBrrrrr- New Year Goals



Is it just me, or does it feel colder than usual? I LOVE IT! except for in the middle of the night when I've lost my blanket. I had no choice but to pump the Heat to 70, don't tell Naty! I just wasn't getting warm.


Today I wanted to post some 2010 Goals I have for myself and my family so that I stay accountable. Since "resolutions" leaves a bad taste in my mouth I'd rather call them goals.
NOT in any Particular Order
1) Potty Mouth: Ok, I have a bad mouth. In my past posts you can clearly see where I curse one too many times. I've just been so used to blurting out anything that comes to my mind that I'm really trying to keep it clean. I've been really good lately and I thank God my kids have no intentions of using curse words (they won't even say stupid cause its an evil word to them), I need to be a better example.
2) Get closer to God: This one will always be on my list b/c no matter how close you think you are to him, you can get alot closer. Maybe by teaching others about him, sponsoring a child or helping in the church. I've been taking catechism classes and I make my confirmation in May so I'm really excited about that, it is something I always wanted to do but never gave time to do it.
3) Be a better wife: This one will always be on my list as well. As much as I love and honor Naty, I know I can do alot better on those days that I'm rude or just mean to him for no reason. He's such a good guy and obviously loves us with everything he's got so he deserves the best, I'll never be perfect but it's a good thing to keep in mind the next time I blurt out something dumb for no reason.
4) Be a better Mother: Again, just one of those things that will be on every goal list because I have times that I lose it with Bubbs! I get so upset when he doesn't listen and I YELL, I hate yelling, I hate how it makes me feel inside. Audrey is always behaving and Nate is just a baby but Bubbs loves to test his momma. I need to learn to keep calm and talk to him. I also want to do more physical activities with them besides watching TV and/or playing board games, I need to get off my rear and play outside with them.
5) Eat healthier: I'm not saying, "lose weight" b/c my priority is to eat better for the sake of Nathaniel. Since he drinks my breastmilk, I should be eating the best stuff and if I lose weight...BONUS.
6) Get Physical: I really need to use my stroller. I love it and its so awesome but I never take it out b/c I'm so lazy, Nate needs to get some sunshine, he's glowing!

I would say those are my main goals for 2010--what do you call that BTW? 10? twenty-ten? O-10? heh.


4 comments:

Claire said...

I love your resolutions! Best of luck!

Cxx

♥ sarah said...

great resolutions! i love #1! haha, i have a potty mouth sometimes too and i am really trying to break the habit too! good luck! xoxo

Marlene said...

thanks girls! yes, potty mouth needs to go :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great resolutions...I have a fun giveaway on my blog...a $100 prize ..comments will be closed on Monday night, but today's entries get extra chances...so stop by and join in the fun.